JSD, Columbia University School of Law, New York, NY 2005
LL.M, Kent Scholar, Columbia University School of Law, New York, NY, 1999
LL.B, magna cum laude, Tel Aviv University Law Faculty, Tel Aviv, Israel, 1997
Senior Lecturer, Sha`arei Mishpat Law College 2011
Lecturer, Sha`arei Mishpat Law College 2005
Areas of Specialization
Family Law, Inheritance Law
Professional Activities and Committee Membership
Member of curriculum committee, Co-Director of the Center for the Rights of the Child and the Family
Academic Director of the Israeli Bar Workshops on Inheritance Law
- Wills Interpretation: Dignifying the Deceased and Restoring the Soul of the Will, forthcoming in Iyunei Mishpat (Tel-Aviv University Law Review) (2015). [Hebrew]
- Equality for Mothers: From Partners to Co-Parents, forthcoming in Law and Business-IDC Law Review (2015). [Hebrew]
- A Constitutional Right to Marry: Israeli Style, 47 Israel Law Review 1 (2014).
- Between Function and Form: Towards a Differentiated Model of Functional Parenthood 20 George Mason Law Review (2013) (with Pamela Laufer-Ukelees).
- The Costs of Raising Children: Toward a Theory of Financial Obligations between Co-Parents 13 Theoretical Inquiries in Law 179 (2012).
- Privacy for Children, 42 Columbia Human Rights Law Review 101 (2011) (with Benjamin Shmueli).
- Strangers or Parents: The Current and the Desirable Legal Status of Parents' Spouses, 40 Mishpatim (The Hebrew University Law Review) 5 2010 (with Dafna Hacker). [Hebrew]
- The Family and the Law, in Is Law Important? 235 (Law, Society, and Culture Series, Tel Aviv University, Dafna Hacker & Netta Ziv edts. 2010). [Hebrew]
- The Interplay between Tort Law and Religious Family Law: The Israeli Case, 26 Arizona Journal of International and Comparative Law (2009) (with Benjamin Shmueli).
- Rethinking Visitation: From a Parental to a Relational Right 16 Duke Journal of Gender Law & Policy 1 (2009).
- “Until Death Do Us Part?”: On the Mutual Wills Doctrine in Israel, in essays in memory of professor menashe shava (Daniel Friedman & Aharon Barak eds., 2005). [Hebrew]
- Rights, Boundaries, and the Family, 27 Iyunei Mishpat (Tel-Aviv University Law Review) 539 (2003). [Hebrew]
Chapters in Books
- "Children are Joy": Same-Sex Parenthood and Artificial Reproductive Technologies, forthcoming in Meeting In Road: The LGBT Community Handbook (Alon Harel, Einav Morgenstern, Yaniv Lushinski, eds., Jerusalem: Sacher Institute, Hebrew University Faculty of Law, 2015) (with Ruth Zafran). [Hebrew]
- Same-Sex Relationships and Israeli Law forthcoming in Same Sex Couples. Comparative Insights on Marriage and Cohabitation (Macarena Saez ed., Springer Press 2015).
- Child and Family Law in Israel: Dynamism and Schizophrenia, in The Future of Child and Family Law: International Predictions (Elaine E. Sutherland, ed., Cambridge University Press 2012) (with Rhona Schuz).