PhD, Law, Bar Ilan University Law School. Subject of dissertation "Registration of Commercial Secrets," faculty advisor Prof. Shalom Lerner, 2006
LLM summa cum laude, Bar Ilan University Law School, 1999
LLB, cum laude, Bar Ilan University Law School,1997
Areas of Specialization
Property law, contract law, registration of property rights, commercial secrets, intellectual property
Professional Activities and Committee Membership
Member of the judging committee of the Meitar Prize for Intellectual Property, Bar Ilan University Law School
2010 to present: Director of the legal clinics at Sha'arei Mishpat College. As director of the clinics, I established six new clinics (clinic for bereaved families, disabled military veterans and victims of terrorist acts; clinic for rights of persons with special needs; clinic for environmental protection; clinic for the enforcement of obligations – representing people who have been party to cases in the Execution of Judgments offices; clinic for road safety and victims of road accidents with the Or Yarok Association; clinic for the representation of prisoners.
2009 to present: Member of the Israel Association for Private Law.
2009 to present: Member of the Israel Academic Forum for Intellectual Property
2008 to present: Appointment as an outside lecturer at the Netanya College Law School.
2006 to present: Judging articles for legal journals (Mishpatim, Mechkarei Mishpat, Ma'aznei Mishpat, Sha'arei Mishpat).
2006 to present: Member of the committee for student affairs, Sha'arei Mishpat College.
2005 to present: Appointment as outside lecturer, Bar Ilan University Law School.
2004 to present: Appointment as faculty lecturer, Sha'arei Mishpat College.
2004 to present: Military judge in reserve duty at the rank of captain in the military tribunal, Shomron.
2006-2010: Dean of Students, Sha'arei Mishpat College
2007-2008: Appointment as outside lecturer, the academic track of the College for Administration.
2006-2007: Head of the disciplinary court, Sha’arei Mishpat College.
1998: Admitted to the Israel Bar Association
Participation in Conferences and Seminars
- July 2013 “Innovations in Contract Law,” continuing education for legal assistants, Bar Ilan University Law School.
- June 2013 “Land Registries in Judea and Samaria,” the department seminar of Sha’arei Mishpat College.
- April 2013 “Transactions in Designs,” “Fashioning Designs: Towards the Enactment of the Designs Law,” Sha’arei Mishpat College (including organization of the conference with Viktor Bognim).
- March 2012 Chairman of the session “Conflict Resolution and Commercial Secrets,” Conflict Resolution and Intellectual Property,” Tel Aviv (including organization of the conference with Yaniv Schwartzman, Viktor Bognim and Mira Liber. The conference included 11 sessions and more than 40 speakers.)
- December 2011 “Legal and Economic Aspects in Choosing the Protection of an Invention – Commercial Secret or Patent,” Workshop for Law and Economics, Bar Ilan University Law School.
- April 2011 “Legal and Economic Aspects in Choosing the Protection of an Invention – Commercial Secret or Patent,” Department Seminar, Sha’arei Mishpat College.
- March 2011 Survey of the Aprofim Decision, the Criticism of it, Developments with respect to it, Legislative Proposals and the New Law,” at the conference “Interpretation of Contracts: The Aprofim Decision – Its Rise and Fall? In the Wake of the New Amendment to the Contract Law,” Sha’arei Mishpat College (including organization of the conference).
- June 2010 “Registry for Commercial Secrets,” Annual Workshop in Intellectual Property of the Israel Academic Forum for Intellectual Property, University of Haifa.
- April 2010 Chairman of the session “Contract and Pre-Contract Remedies – Special Aspects,” in the conference The Remedies Law – Achievements and Challenges: Academic Conference Marking 40 Years since the Enactment of the Contracts (Remedies for Breach of Contract) Law, 5731-1970, The Netanya Academic College.
- January 2010 Moderator of Panel IV: “Rethinking Subject Matter Eligibility Standards,” in The Future of Subject Matter Eligibility After In Re Bilski, The First Sanford T. Colb & Co. Intellectual Property Law Conference, Bar Ilan University Law School.
- November 2009 “Property Law – Developments in Registering Rights in Property,” continuing education (certification course) – Innovations in Decisions and Legislation in Law, Israel Bar Association.
- December 2008 “Concrete Distributive Justice in Private Law,” in Conception of Justice, in Global Regional and Local Law Politics and Society in Comparative Perspectives, Israeli Law and Society Association International Conference, Hebrew University Law School and School of Social Sciences (with Michal Tamir).
- December 2008 “Concrete Distributive Justice in Private Law,” Department Seminar, Sha’arei Mishpat College (with Michal Tamir).
- May 2008 “The Moral Right in Copyright Law,” study day at Sha’arei Mishpat College on the subject of Copyright Law – Between Continuation and Innovation, towards the applicability of the Copyright Law, 5768-2007.
- April 2007 “Registry for Commercial Secrets,” Department Seminar of the Bar Ilan University Law School faculty.
- March 2007 Legal and Economic Considerations in Choosing the Protection for an Invention – Commercial Secret or Patent,” continuing education in Employment Law and Intellectual Property of the Israel Bar Association, Tel Aviv and Central District committee.
- March 2007 Registry for Commercial Secrets,” Department Seminar, Sha’arei Mishpat College.
- November 2006 “Pride or Shame: Discussion of the Gay Pride Parade in Jerusalem,” Sha’arei Mishpat College (organizer, facilitator, lecturer).
- June 2004 “Contingent Exemption in Contracts,” The School for Military Law.
- Registry Laws: Registration of Rights Regarding Property (in progress).
- Conference Book: Fashioning Designs: Towards the Enactment of the Designs Law (with Viktor Bognim and Yossi Markowitz, 2013).
- The Judea and Sumaria Book: Issues in Land Law and the International Law in Judea and Sameria (with Harel Arnon, Bursi Publications and the Adam V’Adama Center, 2013).
- Tehillat Olam: Studies in Halakhot of State and Society, (with Elishai Ben Yitzchak and Aviad Hacohen, Sha’arei Mishpat Publication, to be published Nov. 2013).
- Volume of the law review Sha’arei Mishpat on the legislative memorandum of the Designs Law, 5773-2013 (with Viktor Bognim, Yael Ronen, Aviad Hacohen and Amos Herman, to be published Dec. 2013)
Peer Reviewed Articles:
- "Classification of Participants in Suicide Attacks and the Implications of this Classification on the Severity of the Sentence: The Israeli Experience in the Military Courts in Judea and Samaria as a Model to Other Nations” (with Amit Preiss), 30 PACE LAW REVIEW 720 (2010).
- “Models for the Applicability of Concrete Distributive Justice to Private Law,” (with Michal Tamir), 14 Hamishpat 469 2011.
- “Transactions in Designs in View of the Legislative Memorandum of the Designs Law, 5773-2013,” 7 Sha’arei Mishpat (to be published Dec. 2013).
Articles in Progress:
- “Register of Trade Secrets,” expected to be sent for peer review to an American journal in February 2014.
Articles in Books of Academic Conferences:
- “Register of Trade Secrets” (The Israel Academic Forum for Intellectual Property, University of Haifa Law School, 2010).
- “Transactions in Designs,” (Fashioning Designs: Towards Enactment of the Designs Law, Sha’arei Mishpat, Hod Hasharon, 2013).
Non-Peer Reviewed Academic Articles
- "Land Registries in Judea and Samaria,” The Judea and Sumaria Book: Issues in Land Law and the International Law in Judea and Sameria (with Dani Kramer, Harel Arnon and Chagai Vinitzky, eds., 2013).
- “Laws of Redemption of Captives and their Implementation in the State of Israel,” Tehillat Olam: Studies in Halakhot of State and Society, (with Elishai Ben Yitzchak, Chagai Vinitzky and Aviad Hacohen, eds., to be published Nov. 2013).
Submission of Expert Opinions in Public Matters:
- April 2012 Submission of an expert opinion on land registries in Judea and Samaria to the Levi Commission, on behalf of the Prime Minister’s Office, regarding the status of construction in the unauthorized settlements in Judea and Samaria and regarding the existence of an appropriate process for examining land issues in the area (with Adv. Daniel Kramer).
- January 2011 Opinion regarding the property status of the land in the Yovel neighborhood in Eli (regarding the demolition of the home of Major Eliraz Peretz, of blessed memory, with Shlomo Ben Eliyahu and Harel Arnon. The opinion was submitted to the Prime Minister, the Minster of Defense, the Attorney General and the Government Secretary).
- “The Levi Report, A Watershed in Settlement in Judea and Samaria?”, Makor Rishon, July 13, 2012.
- “A Law Exclusively for Lapid?”, Makor Rishon, January 13, 2012.
- “Ownership of Time: Solution to the Issue of Privatizing Government Land,” Makor Rishon, August 16, 2009.