Dr. Dafna Lavi
||Ph.D. (law), Bar-Ilan University, Israel, Direct Doctoral Track (Dissertation:"The Concept of Success in the View of the Pure and the Mixed Approaches to Mediation")
||L.L.B (law), Bar-Ilan University, Israel.
||Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor), Sa’arey-Mishpat Academic Center, Israel.
||Assistant Professor, Sa’arey-Mishpat Academic Center, Israel
||Adjunct Professor, The College of Management Academic Studies
Teaching and Research Topics
Researcher and lecturer at Sa’arey-Mishpat Academic Center, specializing in the fields of Civil Procedure, Negotiation, Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution, Feminism, Law & Society, Online Dispute Resolution.
Professional Activities and Committee Membership
- "The Changing Role of Consent in ADR" (at: Faculty of Law, University of Haifa, invited lecturer, 2013)
- "The Legal System: Problems, Challenges and the Role of Academy" (ILSA 2012, at: law school, Academic Center of Law and Business, invited lecturer, 2012).
- "Dispute resolution and Intellectual Property"(at: Dan Panorama Hotel, "The Israeli Chamber of Mediators", invited lecturer, 2012(
- The Abraham Melamed Peacemaking Research Institute (invited lecturer, 2008).
- Joint Editor of Sha’arey-Mishpat Law Review (2007-2009).
- Interdisciplinary Advanced Research Programe on Conflict Management and Negotiation, Bar-Ilan University (invited lecturer, 2001).
- Member of honor, The Israeli Chamber of Mediators (2012).
- Member of the Academic Committee of the Israeli Mediators' Council (2011).
- Officer of Sexual Harassment Complaints, Sha’arei Mishpat College of Law (2005-2008).
- Alternative Dispute Resolution and Domestic Violence: Women, divorce and Alternative Justice (Routledge, 2018)
- Three is not a Crowd: Online Mediation-Arbitration in Business to Consumer Internet Disputes (forthcoming) 37 UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA JOURNAL OF INTERNATIONAL LAW (2016).
- No More Click? Click in Here: e-Mediation in Divorce Disputes- the Reality and the desirable 16 CARDOZO JOURNAL OF CONFLICT RESOLUTION, 479- 541 (2015).
- Till Death Do Us Part?!': Online Mediation (e-Mediation) as an Answer to Divorce Cases Involving Violence 16 N0RTH CAROLINA JOURNAL OF LAW AND TECHNOLOGY, 253-310 (2015).
- Don't be Fooled by the Trappings: Towards a New Paradigm for Understanding Early Neutral Evaluation (ENE) and its Adoption by the Israeli Legal System (forthcoming) LAW & BUSINESS (2015).
- Divorce Involving Domestic Violence: Is Med-Arb Likely to be the Solution? 14 PEPPERDINE DISPUTE RESOLUTION LAW JOURNAL 101-161 (2014).
- Can the Leopard Change His Spots?!- Reflections on the 'Collaborative Law' Revolution and Collaborative Advocacy 13(1) CARDOZO JOURNAL OF CONFLICT RESOLUTION 61-112 (2011).
- Not Only Arbitration and Not Only Mediation - A Proposal to Adopt "Med-Arb" as a Response to the Weaknesses of the Institution of Arbitration in Israel 42(2) MISHPATIM* (The Hebrew University Law Journal) 589-662 (2012).
- Looking at the End from the Beginning: Early Neutral Evalution - Theoretical and Practical Aspects and a Critical Perspective 27(2) BAR-ILAN STUDIES* (Bar-Ilan University LR) 455-501 (2012).
- 'Fierce as a Tiger'- Collaborative Advocacy in Israel 15 LAW & BUSINESS
- Transformative Mediation- The Substantive and Procedural Aspect- A Proposal to Adopt A New-Old Model into the Current Discourse 5 SHA’AREY-MISHPAT 131-175 (2009).
- Violence and Mediation: An Oxymoron? 1 THE FAMILY IN LAW 117-161 (2007).
*Ranked as Israel’s top three law reviews.
- The Mediator- The Role and the Key for Successful Mediation (2006).