Prof. Pamela Laufer-Ukeles
|HARVARD LAW SCHOOL||J.D. 2001|
|COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, COLUMBIA COLLEGE||Philosophy and Economics|
|Major:||MBA New-York University|
Departmental Honors from the Department of Philosophy for Senior Thesis Dean’s List (all semesters)
Professor of Law SHAAREI MISHPAT FACULTY OF LAW (ACADEMIC CENTER OF LAW & SCEINCE) ,
|Courses:||Torts I & Torts II, Torts Lab, Family Law, Alternate Dispute Resolution & Negotiation, Legal and Ethical Dilemmas of Parenthood, Family Law Capstone|
Fall 2006 - Present
|Professor of Law UNIVERSITY OF DAYTON SCHOOL OF LAW|
Torts I & Torts II, Torts Lab, Family Law, Alternate Dispute Resolution & Negotiation, Legal and Ethical Dilemmas of Parenthood, Family Law Capstone.
Visiting Professor of Law BAR-ILAN UNIVERSITY, FACULTY OF LAW
Medical Ethics and the Law, Reproduction and the Law Seminar
Affiliated Overseas Law Faculty Academic Center of Law & Business in RamAT GAN
Global Family Law, Advanced Topics in Reproduction and the Law
Visiting Overseas Professor The InterDisciplinary Center in Herzliya
AREAS OF RESEARCH :
Family Law, Reproductive Rights, Children’s Rights, Bioethics, Torts, Assisted Reproductive Technologies & Adoption, Parent-Child Relationships, Jewish Law.
A . BOOK CHAPTERS:
Muller v. Oregon, in U.S. Feminist Judgments: Rewritten Opinions of the United States Supreme Court (Cambridge University Press 2016) (edited by Bridget Crawford, Linda Berger and Kathryn Stanchi).
- Multiplying Motherhood: Gestational Surrogate Motherhood and Jewish Law , in Mishpacha: Jewish Family Law in Tradition and in Transition (Purdue University Press 2016) (edited by Leonard J. Greenspoon).
B. ARTICLES :
- The Relational Rights of Children , 48 Connecticut Law Review 741 (2016).
- Family Formation and the Home , 104 Kentucky Law Journal 449 (2016) (with Shelly Kreiczer-Levy).
- Mothering for Money: Regulating Commercial Intimacy , 88 Indiana Law Journal 1223 (2014) (excerpts reprinted in Joseph Singer, Property Law: Rules, Policies and Practices (Aspen 6 th ed., 2014)).
- The Case against Separating the Care from the Caregiver: Reunifying Caregiver Rights and Children’s Rights , 15 Nevada Law Journal 236 (2014).
- The Lost Children: When the Right to Children Conflicts with the Rights of Children , Journal of Law and Ethics of Human Rights (forthcoming, 2014) (2014 Intergenerational Justice Conference Symposium Edition).
- Between Function and Form: Towards a Differentiated Model of Functional Parenthood , 20 George Mason Law Review 419 (2013) (co-authored with Ayelet Blecher-Prigat).
- Cross-Dressers with Benefits: The Role of Female Combat Soldiers in the U.S. and Israel , 41 University of Baltimore Law Review 321 (2012) (Center for Applied Feminism 2011 Annual Conference Symposium Edition).
- Custody through the Eyes of the Child, Introduction to the 2011 Gilvary Symposium, 36 University of Dayton Law Review 299 (2012) (Symposium Edition).
- Reproductive Choices and Informed Consent: Fetal Interests, Women’s Identity and Relational Autonomy , 37 American Journal of Law and Medicine 567 (2011) (peer review).
- · Reconstructing Fault: The Case for Spousal Torts , 79 Cincinnati Law Review 207 (2010).
- Leadership in Her Own Image: Valuing Women's Different Lives, 30 Hamline Journal of Public Law
- & Policy 493 (2009) (Symposium Issue; Article Presented at the AALS 2009 Annual Meeting, Peer Selected).
- Money, Caregiving and Kinship: Should Paid Caregivers Be Able to Obtain De Facto Parental Status ? , 74 Missouri Law Review 25 (2009).
- Selective Recognition of Gender Difference in the Law: Revaluing the Caretaker Role , 31 Harvard Journal of Law & Gender 1 (2008) (lead article) ( reprinted in Women and the Law (West 2009)) .
- Approaching Surrogate Motherhood: Reconsidering Difference , 26 Vermont Law Review 407 (2002).
- Gestation: Work for Hire or the Essence of Motherhood? A Comparative Legal Analysis , 9 Duke Journal of Gender Law & Policy 91 (2002).
- Note, State Tax on Health Care Facilities is Held to Supersede the Tax Preemption Clause of ERISA , Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics (1998).