NYU Stern School of Business, New York, NY 2004 Ph.D. in Accounting
Tel-Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel 1998 M.B.A., Finance – Accounting (With honors(
Tel-Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel 1993 B.A. Accounting and Economics (Cum Laude(
C.P.A. Examination, Israel 1993
- Sharei Mishpat College 2011- present: Accounting Department Professor
- University of North Carolina, Kenan-Flagler Business School MBA@UNC 2011- present: Section Faculty
- Purdue University, Krannert School of Management, GISMA Business School 2011- present: Visiting Professor
- The Interdisciplinary Center, Arison School of Business, 2011- present: Visiting Instructor
- INSEAD – Singapore Campus 2008 -2011: Visiting Professor
- University of Houston – C.T. Bauer College of Business 2004 – 2011 Department of Accountancy & Taxation :Assistant Professor / Clinical Professor
- New York University – Stern School of Business 1998-2004:
- Ph.d. student
- Research Assistant
- Teaching Assistant
- Arthur Andersen – Luboshitz Kasirer – C.P.A. Tel Aviv, Israel 1997-1998:
- Conducted due diligence services in the stock issues of banks in Israel.
- Conducted companies’ valuations.
- Developed strategies on matters related to accounting problems.
- Participated in consulting teams.
- The Academic Study Unit, Israeli Defense Forces 1994-1996:
- Consulted on academic studies and programs.
- Participated in creating special academic courses.
- Managed the military preparatory classes.
- Was second in command of the military unit.
- Haft & Haft & Co. C.P.A. , Tel Aviv, Israel 1991-1993:
- Handled auditing and editing financial statements.
- Edited personal reports for Income Tax.
- “The Increased Importance of Earnings Announcements After Regulation FD: Evidence from Revisions of Analysts’ Forecasts and Pre-Announcements”
- “Internet Traffic and Portfolio Returns” Financial Analysts Journal, Vol. 57, No. 3, May/June 2001 with Baruch Lev and Joshua Livnat
- “Earnings Guidance after Regulation FD” Journal of Investing, Winter 2003, With Ronen Feldman and Joshua Livnat
- “Reasons for Late SEC Filings: Computerized Retrieval and Classification” Intelligent Data Analysis, Winter 2006, With Ronen Feldman, Joshua Livant and Benjamin Segal
Financial accounting and reporting, Value relevance of accounting information, Analyst forecasts and effects of regulation, Companies' valuation, Voluntary disclosures.
- Student Choice: Outstanding Faculty Award, University of Houston 2010-2011
- MidCon Teaching Excellence Award (EMBA) 2010, 2012
- Wayne Payne Teaching Award 2009-2010
- Teaching Excellence Award, University of Houston Provost Award, 2007-2008
- Outstanding Faculty of the year, C.T. Bauer College of Business, 2008
- The Accounting Department Advisory Board Teaching Award 2007-2008
Fellowships and Grants
- Dag Ozay Fellowship for Ph.D. student, NYU, Stern School of Business, 2002-2003
- University Doctoral Fellowship, NYU, Stern School of Business, 1998–2002
- Ph.D. Fund Grant, Tel Aviv University, Israel, 1998
- Sharei Mishpat College, Accounting Department, Israel
- Instructor Intermediate Accounting, Managerial Accounting 2011 –present
- Instructor Advanced Managerial Accounting, Seminar in Accounting Theory 2012 – present
- University of North Carolina, Kenan-Flagler Business School
- Instructor Financial Accounting 2011 – present
- GISMA Business School / Purdue University
- Instructor Management Accounting (MBA & EMBA) 2011 – present
- Instructor Strategic Cost Management 2012 - present
- University of Houston, C.T. Bauer College of Business
- Area Coordinator Financial & Managerial Accounting 2009 – 2011
- Instructor Financial Accounting classes to undergraduate students 2004 – 2011
- Instructor Financial Statement Analysis and Valuation – Master Program 2008 – 2010
- Instructor Financial Accounting – Executive MBA 2008 – 2011
- Teaching Excellence Award Nomination - University of Houston 2006 – 2007
- Insead, Singapore Campus
- Financial Accounting 2011
- Financial Statement Analysis to graduate students 2008 – 2011
- Applied Corporate Reporting to graduate students 2008 – 2011
- Business Foundations – Accounting 2008 – 2011
- New York University, Stern School of Business, New York, NY
- Instructor Principles of Managerial Accounting to graduate and undergraduate students 2001
- Teaching Assistant Principles of Financial Accounting, E-commerce-Accounting, Control and Valuation, Principles of Managerial Accounting, Financial Statement Analysis, Financial Reporting and Analysis 2000-2003
- Credit Suisse First Boston, New York, NY
- Instructor at New hire Analyst Training Program – Accounting Module Summer 2001
- Donald Lufkin Jenrette (DLJ), New York, NY
- Instructor at New hire Analyst Training Program – Accounting Module Summer 2000
- Tel Aviv University, School of Management, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Instructor Intermediate Accounting II 1995-1998
- Instructor and Teaching Assistant Principles of Financial Accounting –Undergraduate students 1994-1998
- Instructor and Teaching Assistant Introduction to Financial and Managerial Accounting - MBA and Executive MBA 1994-1998
- The Interdisciplinary Center, School of Business, Herzelia, Israel
- Instructor and Teaching Assistant Introduction to Managerial Accounting 1997-1998
Certified Public Accountant (Israel)